Thank you for your subscription!
HOMEMADE HOT CHOCOLATE
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 L milk
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 tbsp vanilla extract
Pinch of salt
1. Pour milk into saucepan and slowly stir in cocoa powder, making sure that there are no balls of powder remaining. Heat milk and cocoa over medium heat, stirring in chocolate chips until melted.
2. Slowly bring to a boil, stirring carefully to ensure the milk mixture does not burn in the saucepan. Remove from heat, stir in vanilla and add a pinch of salt.
3. Pour into mugs and top with whipped cream!
1 L apple cider
3 tbsp packed brown sugar
7 cinnamon sticks (6 are for garnish)
1 tsp ground allspice
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
Freshly grated nutmeg
1/2 cup brandy (optional)
1. Whisk together cider, brown sugar, spices and salt in a medium saucepan.
2. Simmer over medium-low heat.
3. Remove from heat (optional: pour in brandy). Strain into pitcher and discard any sediment.
4. Pour into mugs, garnish with cinnamon sticks and serve!
HOT BUTTERED RUM
1 stick unsalted butter
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 tsp finely grated orange zest
3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
3/4 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1 1/2 ounces dark rum
3/4 cups boiling water
Splash of fresh orange juice
1. Using a mixer, beat butter, sugar, orange zest, connamon, ginger and nutmeg on medium speed until combined.
2. Pour four 1 1/2 ounce measures of dark rum into heat resistant glasses and add 2 tbsp of butter mixture.
3. Pour 3/4 cups of boiling water into each glass and stir.
4. Squeeze fresh orange juice into each glass and serve!
Get everything you need to serve these recipes >>